Mommy Makeover Conveniently located to serve Memphis and Shelby County
At Williams Surgical Arts, we provide customized mommy makeovers for Memphis patients looking to restore their pre-pregnancy body. Dr. Micheal Williams, a skilled cosmetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgeon with years of experience, has helped numerous patients get the body they deserve.
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for You?
If pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding have resulted in unwanted physical changes that you are unhappy with, you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. Patients must wait until at least six months have passed since the birth of their child. They must also no longer be breastfeeding.
The best candidates for this procedure do not smoke and are in overall good health. Ideal candidates also have realistic expectations.
Customizing Your Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover is a package of plastic surgery procedures that is customized to achieve your beauty goals. During a consultation, Dr. Williams will help you pick the right procedures to accomplish those goals.
A mommy makeover can include any of the following procedures:
- Tummy Tuck – Also called an abdominoplasty, this body-contouring option trims away loose skin, tightens sagging abdominal-wall muscles, and removes excess stubborn fat and stretch marks on the abdomen. It is an excellent option for resolving diastasis recti (distended abdominal muscles) after pregnancy.
- Implant-Based Breast Augmentation – Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, a breast augmentation with implants increases the size of breasts that have lost volume after breastfeeding.
- Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation – This form of natural breast augmentation uses fat grafting to enlarge the breasts. To perform a fat transfer, the surgeon uses liposuction to remove excess stubborn fat from an area, purifies that fat, and injects it into the target areas to create new volume.
- Brazilian Butt Lift – This form of natural buttocks augmentation uses fat grafting to give volume and curve to a thin rear end while reducing other areas in volume.
- Liposuction – Also popularly called lipo, liposuction is a fat-reduction method in which a cannula (a thin tube) is inserted into an area where there is excess stubborn fat. The fat is then removed through the cannula via vacuum pressure.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing – This skin-rejuvenation treatment addresses wrinkles, roughness, and a variety of other issues. When skin is targeted with laser energy, the heat that is created eliminates dead and damaged skin cells. This makes way for fresh smooth skin and stimulates the collagen-regeneration process.
The Steps of the Procedure
The mommy makeover, like all surgical procedures, requires anesthesia to ensure a painless and comfortable surgical session. General anesthesia is usually the preferred option, because this is an extensive rejuvenation procedure.
Once the patient is unconscious, the required incisions are created. These vary depending on the procedures that have been chosen. After the procedures have been performed, the incisions are closed with sutures.
The Healing and Recovery Period
Rest is very important during the recovery process after a mommy makeover. You will need to take time off from work, and you must avoid physically taxing activities like sports and heavy exercise.
There will be bruising and swelling in the operative areas, but these issues will fade in time with the help of ice packs and post-surgical elastic compression garments. Wearing these garments encourages the skin to better fit the new contours of the rejuvenated areas.
Most importantly, you will need to follow the post-surgical care instructions of Dr. Williams as closely as possible. This minimizes the chance of complications.
How Much Does a Mommy Makeover Cost?
Getting this package of procedures is much less expensive than getting all of the chosen procedures on their own with their own recovery periods. Because a mommy makeover can involve any number of customized procedures, its price varies from patient to patient. Mommy makeover cost is impacted by the length of the surgery, the techniques involved, and more.
Setting Up Your Consultation
Want to find out more about getting a customized mommy makeover in Memphis? Contact Williams Surgical Arts today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Micheal Williams.